Buying real estate is a significant financial commitment with no shortage of risks and potential pitfalls. Anyone buying real estate, whether a first time home buyer or a seasoned investor, should have an experienced real estate conveyancing attorney on their team of real estate professionals to ensure a smooth and successful transaction. We tend to the legal aspects of your purchase from offer to closing so you can focus on your hopes and dreams for the new property.
Among the matters we typically assist our Buyer clients with are the following:
- Review and revise the purchase and sale agreement to protect your interests, with particular attention paid to conditions that must be satisfied before closing
- Track the mortgage contingency date to protect your deposit in the event your loan is denied
- Advise on title insurance and homestead protection
- Advise on options for holding title
- Attend closing with you to explain the closing documents and address any last minute issues that may arise from the final walkthrough